2. How your information will be used
In order to provide services to you, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you.
This information will be used to:
- deliver and manage services we provide to you;
- process a search application;
- help investigate complaints or concerns you have raised about the service provided;
- process financial transactions;
- help detect and prevent fraud and corruption in the use of public funds and where necessary for law enforcement functions;
- maintain our own accounts and records;
- provide statistical analysis;
Lawful basis for processing data
The lawful basis for processing your personal data is to comply with a legal obligation as specified by the following legislation:
- Local Land Charges Act 1975
- Local Land Charges Rules 1977
Who we share your data with
We may share your personal information between services within the council so we can provide the service that you have requested.
We also share your data with Devon County Council in order to obtain highways information as part of an Official Certificated Local Authority Search.
There may also be instances where our system suppliers will need to access individual’s personal information to ensure that information is being held securely and accuracy is maintained. This will be on a strict need to know basis and all contracts have confidentiality clauses built in.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality, and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
We will not disclose any personal information to any other third parties unless required to do so by law or where it is appropriate to support our duty to protect public funds and/or detect and prevent fraud or other criminal activity or safeguarding requirements.
We will not transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless this is necessary, and only to countries which have sufficient safeguards in place to protect information.
We will not share your information with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.