3. Privacy Notice – Applying for planning permission and other related matters
Why we are processing your information?
All planning and other related applications and matters are processed in accordance with the following legislation
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Town and Country Planning (Tree Preservation) (England) Regulations 2012.
What information will we hold and how will we use it?
The name and address of the applicant and any agent will be available to the general public via the website. The applicant’s name will be displayed on Site Notices and included in letters to interested parties and other public facing documentation. Any signatures, personal email addresses and personal contact numbers will not be viewable online but will be recorded on our planning database.
Any medical information submitted will be redacted unless there is exceptionally a legitimate reason for this special category of data to be processed.
We use the Adelante card payment system to collect payments made to us by credit and debit card. Adelante employ Strong Customer Authentication. Adelante are compliant with the Payment Card Data Security Standard, with no personal data actually held by us.
Your information will be used for planning related reasons including but not limited to:
- Receipt, validation, processing, revision of details and determination of the application
- Consideration at Planning Committee
- Discharge of conditions
- Subsequent planning appeal
- Processing of data for any Community Infrastructure Levy
- Processing of data for any Section 106 agreement
- Street Naming and Numbering for development of new properties
- Correspondence regarding completion/delivery of the site
- Any related enforcement action that may become necessary
- Planning history searches
- Local Land Charges searches
Your personal data including your name, address, personal contact number and email address will be held internally on our Uniform database and our Civica document management system and be available to Teignbridge staff.
Your personal data (excluding personal contact numbers, email address and signatures) will be placed online and be available to view by the general public.
Where there is a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) your data will be entered on the CIL database which is hosted by Exacom who are GDPR compliant
Accuracy of your information
We will process the information provided at the time of your application. If your personal data is not accurate then you should contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have applied online you will also need to contact the online provider direct to amend the personal data they hold
All planning applications are held on a public register indefinitely and will not be deleted as they form part of the planning history of the site.
Transferring Data outside of the EU
Your information will not be transferred outside the EU, however the information is accessible to the general public online.
The Data Controller and the Data Processor
Teignbridge District Council, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX