4. Privacy Notice – Commenting on planning applications and other related matters
Why we are processing your information
All representations received in respect of planning and other related applications and matters will be processed in accordance with the following legislation:
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Town and Country Planning (Tree Preservation) (England) Regulations 2012.
What information will we hold and how will we use it?
Your name and address and comments will be available to the general public via the website. Any signatures, personal email addresses and personal contact numbers will not be viewable online but will be recorded on our planning database.
Any medical information submitted will be redacted unless there is exceptionally a legitimate reason for this special category of data to be processed.
Your information will be used for planning related reasons including but not limited to:
- Further publicity about the application
- To advise you if the application is being heard at a committee
- Your comments will be included within the officer’s report (either verbatim or in essence).
- To advise you if an appeal is lodged. At this time your name and address will also be sent to the Planning Inspectorate and to the appellant.
What can you include in your comments?
Only planning related matters can be considered and any comments which we consider to be inappropriate will be removed before publication. Inappropriate comments include those which are racist, sexist, xenophobic, defamatory, prejudiced or otherwise likely to cause offence to the subject of the comments or any other reader.
If an application attracts, or is likely to attract, a lot of inappropriate comments we may publish a summary of comments on our website instead of individual letters. However we may still share the full comments on request.
Planning related comments include:-
- Overlooking/loss of privacy
- Design/effect on appearance of area
- Access, parking, traffic, road safety
- Local or Government Policy/Economic benefits
- Flooding issues
Comments which cannot be considered include:-
- Loss of property value/loss of view
- Boundary/land ownership/neighbour disputes
- Impact on private drainage systems
- Inappropriate or personal comments
- Doubts as to integrity of applicant
- Breach of covenant
- Principle of development when outline consent exists
Your personal data including your name, address, personal contact number and email address will be held internally on our Uniform database and our Civica document management system and be available to Teignbridge staff.
Your personal data (excluding personal contact numbers, email address and signatures) will be placed online and be available to view by the general public.
Accuracy of your information
We will process the information provided at the time of your application. If your information is not accurate then you should contact us on email@example.com.
Currently your data is held on our database and letters on our website indefinitely but we are working with our IT provider to enable all data to be removed 12 months after the date of the decision unless an appeal is received in which case it will be removed after the appeal has been determined.
Transferring Data outside of the EU
Your information will not be transferred outside the EU, however the information is accessible to the general public online.
The Data Controller and the Data Processor
Teignbridge District Council, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX