2. Privacy Notice – Pre-application advice and other related matters
Why we are processing your information
All planning and other related applications and matters are processed in accordance with the following legislation
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Town and Country Planning (Tree Preservation) (England) Regulations 2012.
What information will we hold and how will we use it?
The name, address, telephone number and email address of the applicant and any agent will be recorded on our planning database.
Whilst your pre-application enquiry will normally be confidential your enquiry, together with any response by the Council, may be released under a Freedom of Information request unless you advise us that the information is commercially sensitive. In any case, once an application is submitted and the proposal is in the public realm, then any pre-application discussions are likely to be made publicly available.
Your personal email address, personal telephone number and signature will not be made publicly available.
Any medical information submitted will be redacted unless there is exceptionally a legitimate reason for this special category of data to be processed.
Your information will be used for planning related reasons including but not limited to:
- Assessing your planning enquiry, giving advice and contacting you regarding this
- Consulting with other internal staff/departments for their input to give you a full response
- Consulting with external statutory consultees if necessary for their further advice
- Consulting with Devon Building Control with regard to building regulations
Your personal data including your name, address, personal contact number and email address will be held internally on our Uniform database and our Civica document management system and be available to Teignbridge staff.
Accuracy of your information
We will process the information provided at the time of your enquiry. If your personal data is not accurate then you should contact us on email@example.com.
All planning enquiries are held on a public register indefinitely and will not be deleted as they form part of the planning history of the site.
Transferring Data outside of the EU
Your information will not be transferred outside the EU, however the information is accessible to the general public online.
The Data Controller and the Data Processor
Teignbridge District Council, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX