1. Who we are
Teignbridge District Council is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection Act, entry Z5463710. We are a public authority and have a nominated Data Protection Officer who can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy notice is only relevant to the Spatial Planning Service. A separate privacy notice is available for the Planning Service covering planning applications and associated services.
The Spatial Planning Service uses personal data when engaging with individuals, resident groups, stakeholders and organisations in carrying out its statutory duties. Specifically, this work includes:
- preparation of Local Plans, Supplementary Planning Documents, Development Plan Documents and the Statement of Community Involvement
- working with neighbouring authorities on other strategic plans and policies
- keeping of registers, such as the Self Build and Custom Housebuilding Register
- Community Infrastructure Levy policy
- working with community groups on Neighbourhood Planning
data collection and development monitoring