3. How your information will be used
The purposes of the CCTV system are:
- to enhance the personal safety of staff, customers and visitors to reduce the fear of physical abuse, intimidation and crime;
- to discourage aggressive or violent behaviour towards staff;
- to meet the Council’s responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and to record evidence that might be used to investigate accidents, ‘near-misses’ or other incidents;
- to protect the Council’s buildings and its assets to ensure they are kept free from intrusion, vandalism, damage or disruption;
- to support the police in a bid to deter and detect crime;
- to assist in identifying, apprehending and prosecuting offenders on the site; and
- to assist in the usage and management of the area and premises on a day to day basis.
We operate CCTV and disclose in accordance with the codes of practices issued by the Information Commissioner Office and the Surveillance Camera Commissioner.