Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Food, Health and Safety

Show all parts of this guide

1. What information do we collect about you?

Who we are

Teignbridge District Council is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection Act, entry Z5463710. We are a public authority and have a nominated Data Protection Officer who can be contacted on

The Food, Health and Safety service are responsible for the investigation of complaints about food, health and safety issues and accidents; enforcement of food and health and safety regulations; food premises approval and inspection; food sampling; advice about food safety; investigation of infectious disease outbreaks and other public health work.

This notice, in conjunction with our overarching privacy policy, explains when as a service we collect personal information, what we use your data for, who has access, who we share it with and what your rights are.

What information do we collect about you?

We will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:

  • Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers and personal email addresses.

We may also collect, store and use the following ‘special categories’ of more sensitive personal information:

  • Information about your gender, date of birth, physical or mental health conditions.

Where we get your information from

We collect personal information from you as the service user through online web forms, hard copy application forms, email, by telephone or through face-to-face discussion. We also receive information from third parties who have your permission to share it with us. This information will be collected from either you directly as the data subject, or from a representative acting on your behalf.

If you fail to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the service you have requested, process your application or grant a licence.