5. Lawful basis for processing data
The lawful basis for processing your personal data is the performance of a contract; task carried out in the public interest and to comply with a legal obligation as specified by the following legislation:
- Section 151 of the Local Government Act 1972;
- The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015;
- Part 6 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014;
- The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984;
- Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996;
- Local Government Finance Act 1992.
When we collect special category (sensitive) personal information we rely on the following:
- processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest under legal obligations and preventing / detecting unlawful acts.