6. Who we share your data with
Your information is shared with:
- Internal services of Teignbridge District Council where relevant to a particular legal matter;
- HM Courts and Tribunals Service and those involved in legal proceedings and non-contentious matters including Employment Tribunals, the Crown Prosecution Service, the Police and the Office of the Official Solicitor and Public Guardian;
- Solicitors, barristers and other professionals who may be acting on our behalf;
- Legal representatives of other parties;
- Central government departments (e.g. HMRC, DWP);
- HM Land Registry;
- Regulatory bodies (e.g. Investigatory Powers Commissioner’s Office);
- Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman;
- Office of the Chief Coroner;
- Planning Inspectorate;
- Counter fraud partners;
- External auditors;
- Insurance companies and brokers;
- Statutory consultees (e.g. Police, Fire Service, Ambulance, Bus Operators and Devon County Council Local Highways Manager);
- Members of the public by way of statutory notice or property related order (e.g. Compulsory Purchase Order);
- Trade Union Representatives;
- Other Local Authorities and Town/Parish Councils;
- Elected councillors and panel members where there is a legal requirement to consult with them;
- Local member of parliament.
There may also be instances where our system suppliers will need to access individual’s personal information to ensure that information is being held securely and accuracy is maintained. This will be on a strict need to know basis and all contracts have confidentiality clauses built in.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality, and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
We will not disclose any personal information to any other third parties unless required to do so by law or where it is appropriate to support our duty to protect public funds and / or detect and prevent fraud or other criminal activity, or safeguarding requirements.
We will not transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless this is necessary, and only to countries which have sufficient safeguards in place to protect information.
We will not share your information with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.