3. How long do we keep hold of your information and is it secure?
We will only keep your information as long as required to provide a high quality service, unless we are required to keep it longer for legal reasons. Information retained by the Waste and Recycling Services team will be reviewed every two years.
Reports sent to third party contractors will be kept for no longer than twelve months for the purpose of reporting, verification and complaint investigation.
We have implemented appropriate technological and operational security in order to safeguard your data from loss or misuse.
Changes in your circumstances
You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information.
Your rights and access to your information
You have rights under the data protection legislation:
- to access your personal data, known as a subject access request;
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed;
- to have your personal data corrected;
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances;
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed;
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances;
- you have the right to be told if we have made a mistake whilst processing your data and we will self-report breaches to the Information Commissioner.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer email@example.com
If you have any concerns
You have a right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our obligation for handling your personal information by contacting the Data Protection Officer in the first instance.
If you are not satisfied with the council’s response you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Or use their online tool for reporting concerns