Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Help and support

This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information.

Income/Rent/Council Tax

If you are of working age and the spread of COVID-19 has caused you to be –

  • out of work
  • made redundant
  • have reduced hours
  • reduced or zero income from self-employment

The Government has lots of information about Universal Credit and claiming other benefits.

To help you find the information you need there is a Universal Credit Guide Finder, which provides links to all the current guidance available.

Apply to claim Universal Credit

If you are of pension age or meet specific criteria to claim Housing Benefit then you can apply online.

If you have any queries about your Universal Credit claim or which benefit you should apply for, please contact the Jobcentre on 0800 169 0310.

If you need help paying your Council Tax, you can apply online for Council Tax Reduction.

Further help with Council Tax is available from an Exceptional Hardship Scheme and Discretionary Discount Policy.

The Government has announced a £500 million Council Tax Hardship Fund which will help working age people, who get Council Tax Reduction (CTR), pay their council tax bill.

Self isolation fund

Covid-19 Hardship fund


Information on Housing for the Teignbridge area.

Information on local food banks

Money Matters

Where to get local debt advice

Homemaker Southwest

Citizens Advice

Pinpoint Devon has a list of organisations that can help with money matters, budgeting and advise on benefits you may be entitled to.

The Money Advice centre has set up two new sections

Coronavirus and your money

Implications and entitlement 

The government also has also released information on measures agreed with the energy industry to support vulnerable people through COVID-19

Self employment income support scheme


When this content has been updated

Last updated 31 March 2021