Latest government guidance
The government's advice is to help control the virus by staying alert. To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- Wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- Cover face - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make space - stay at least 2 metres apart - or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.
Its COVID-19 recovery strategy has been updated and a range of advice to help people return to a more normal life has been published including:
- Staying safe outside of your home
- Working safely during Coronavirus
- Staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- Guidance on mental health and wellbeing
- Meeting people outside of your household
- Guidance on safe use of places of worship
- Shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable
- What you can and cannot do
The government has also produced guidance to help employers, employees and the self employed to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible. For more information or to report an incident please see our workplace health and safety information.
Patient advice from local hospitals
Each of our local hospitals update their coronavirus guidance for patients regularly so if you need to attend one of them for an appointment check out their advice.
• Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
• Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
• University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust