We’re working hard to maintain as many services as we can for as long as we can. Some services may need to change in the light of government advice or staff shortages. Please check this section from time to time for the latest updates.
Visitors to Forde House
Following government health instructions regarding Covid-19, we are no longer seeing customers face to face at our Forde House office at this current time. For those unable to contact us from home, a self service phone will operate from the Forde House entrance which will enable them to talk to a member of the team who will do their best to help them.
Waste and recycling
- Changes to household recycling and waste collections
- Bulk waste collections
- Public toilets
- Litter, dog bins and street cleaning
- Rural skips
- Pubs, restaurants and cafes can operate as takeaways
- Planning advice service suspended
- There has not been any new legislation to extend planning permissions
- Local Plan consultation
- Newton Abbot and Dawlish Tourist Information Centres.
- All play areas and skate parks.
- Our leisure centres at Newton Abbot, Dawlish and Broadmeadow.
- Teignmouth Lido and Shaldon Approach Golf
- Recycling Centres (Devon County Council)
- All Council, Executive and Committee meetings - postponed until further notice.
- 20 April - Teign Estuary and Coastal Forum - postponed.
- 1 May - Sports and Community Awards - postponed.
- Walk this Way scheme - The Ramblers association has suspended its walking for health schemes. Find out more about their walking advice.
- We are temporally no longer taking any daily beach hut bookings.
- Seasonal beach hut license in Teignmouth has been postponed from 1 May.
- All events have been cancelled by event organisers for all of April- we will need to reassess May bookings.
- Dawlish Farmers market has been postponed.
- Bouncy castle and photographic license has also been postponed until things change.
Housing - Devon Home Choice
We are no longer offering a face to face service for Devon Home Choice applications. If you have documents to provide, please email pictures of documents to with your reference number in the email. Alternatively you may post copies of your documents to Teignbridge District Council, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 1XX.
DBS there has been a temporary change to DBS documents. We are able to accept electronic copies on the proviso that when things are back to normal you will be required to provide the original documents. Our Licensing team will email taxi drivers to book an appointment.
Drivers that require medical appointments, we understand doctors are cancelling or are not allowing medical appointments at the moment, drivers are advised to email licensing@Teignbridge.gov.uk explaining that they are unable to provide a certificate or able to get an appointment at present and keep licensing informed of when they have obtained an appointment.
ONLY Vehicle tests are currently available.
Devon Building Control
Any changes to services can be found on the Devon Building Control website.