In association with Devon County Council, we have launched a Local Hardship Fund to support those whose financial situation has been affected by the current pandemic and are now out of cash for basic essentials for their household.
The COVID-19 Hardship Fund can provide financial assistance to help with basic necessities, household essentials, essential travel costs, utilities and other discretionary expenditure as a result of COVID19. Applications are assessed on an individual basis. If your application is successful – payments will be arranged on your behalf and are not awarded in cash. The maximum award is £200.
You may be eligible if:
- you run your own business, and cannot currently trade/your business has been drastically reduced because of the pandemic
- your employment situation has changed and your income no longer covers your essential needs
- you have lost your job due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- you have still not received expected government funding (i.e. self-employed)
- you can demonstrate that you do not have accessible capital in excess of £500
- you have not received financial assistance from another source for the same reason.
If you are a resident and have been affected financially by Covid19, and can demonstrate a need for immediate short-term financial help, you can apply for a grant by completing our resident support form:
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You can apply for the hardship fund by completing our resident support form, which is also used to identify other support we may be able to offer those who may be vulnerable, self - isolating and needing help with obtaining food and other essential care in addition to financial help. Not all of the questions may be relevant to you but you can simply answer no and continue through the form to the financial support section.
We will send you acknowledgement and a reference number.
You can phone the Coronavirus Hotline on 01626 215 512 for help to fill in an application form.