4. The publication scheme
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires all public authorities to adopt and maintain a publication scheme which has been approved by the Information Commissioner and to publish information in accordance with the scheme. We have adopted the Information Commissioner's new model publication scheme. Our scheme commits us to:
- proactively publish information that falls within the classes which is held by us;
- review and update on a regular basis the information covered by the scheme;
- produce a schedule of an any fee charged for access to information (our fees and charges); and
- produce a guide to the information contained within each class (our website).
Some information is not covered by the scheme and this includes:
- information which is exempt under the FOIA or Environmental Information Regulations, or if a law does not allow us to disclose;
- information in draft form; and
- information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Some information will be subject to copyright so reproduction is restricted. The copyright may either be held by us or other organisations, for example, most maps are copyrighted by the Ordnance Survey.