1. Report a fraud
Tell us if you are concerned or suspicious about fraud. If you tell us your name we’ll keep your report confidential, or you can report without giving your identity.
Examples of fraud you may wish to report include:
- housing benefit, council tax discount fraud or business rates avoidance. eg, claiming when not entitled
- fraudulent, corrupt, or illegal activity by employees, councillors or any other person representing the council
- housing tenancy fraud. e.g. renting it out without permission or getting a home by giving false information
- bribery or corruption. e.g. abuse of position to support a planning application
- supplier invoicing the council for goods or services not supplied
- recruitment fraud. e.g. getting a job by giving false information or identity theft from the council
- unauthorised use of council buildings, vehicles or equipment
How do I make a report?
- use our report form to submit your concerns
- email details of your suspicions to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make a report anonymously but it is helpful if you leave your details in case we need to contact you for further information.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
Information about your concerns.
We take all reports of fraud very seriously and will investigate. If you have submitted your details we may contact you for further information.