3. The Council Strategy 2020 - 2030
In January 2020 we updated our Ten Year Council Strategy, originally published in 2016.
The impact of Coronavirus over recent months has had a significant impact on these plans and we will be revising them to focus on supporting social and economic recovery across Teignbridge.
The key objectives identified in our strategy are:
- a carbon neutral district
- better quality and affordable housing
- good wages and jobs for all
- active and sustainable travel choices
- encouraging our young people to stay
- a healthier population living in resilient communities
- a clean, green, and safe environment
- an open council
At the heart of the strategy are our Teignbridge Ten programmes. These guide our activities, where we focus our time and money, and how we shape our services to plan for future technological, economic and social changes, and deliver real progress for the district.