4. The Teignbridge Ten
They are areas of work which will each have a widespread impact on the economy, community wellbeing and environment. Individually, each will make a significant difference, but working together they have the potential to bring multiple and combined benefits, greater than if they were delivered in isolation.
The Teignbridge Ten programmes are:
- Action on climate – to be a carbon neutral district
- A roof over our heads – to provide more, better, and affordable homes
- Clean scene – to keep the district clean
- Going to town – to invest in town centres
- Great places to live and work – to provide well designed quality neighbourhoods
- Investing in prosperity – to create jobs and wealth
- Moving up a gear – to improve travel options
- Out and about and active – to provide opportunities for healthy active lifestyles
- Strong communities – to engage with, help and support our communities
- Vital Viable council – to deliver quality, value for money and flexible services
These programmes are being reviewed and re-prioritised as part of our Covid-19 recovery programme.