Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

How to complain about a Member of the Council

Show all parts of this guide

7. Step seven – formal investigation

Where the decision to handle your complaint is a Formal Investigation, the Monitoring Officer will brief the Chair of the Standards Committee on the decision. 

The Monitoring Officer will then appoint an Independent Investigator as appropriate, having carried out the relevant checks.