Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Payment system maintenance

Our online payments system will be unavailable from 5am - 7am on Tuesday 14 July. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Electoral services

Show all parts of this guide

12. Election Spending Returns

Election Spending Returns

All candidates at local government elections, whether elected or not, must submit a return and declaration as to election spending. They must do this irrespective of whether or not they have spent any money on their campaign. If they do not incur any spending then a nil return must be submitted.

You will find the guidance needed to complete a return for the District Council elections and the forms below. Guidance needed to complete a return for the Town and Parish elections and the forms below. 

District Candidates must return: Candidate's DeclarationAgents' Declaration and the Spending Return.

Town and Parish Candidates must return: Candidate's Declaration and the Spending Return.

Your completed return and declaration must be submitted to The Returning Officer, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot TQ12 4XX. 

If you have any questions or need help to complete your return, please contact the Electoral Commission on 0333 103 1928 or email: