Salary:£23,836-£24,799 / Grade 19
£23,836 to £24,799 per annum (inc Market Forces Supplement)
37 hours per week
For this role:
You will supervise and control the bulking station and Street Cleansing operations and staff, site users and visitors.
What you'll be doing:
You will supervise our waste transfer station and ensure it is run in a safe and efficient manner and monitor and review street cleansing work. Resolving operational problems and difficulties, you will also schedule ad-hoc works, organise outgoing loads of recyclable materials and ensure preventative maintenance of plant and equipment is carried out.
This post links to the Clean Scene Teignbridge Ten project as part of our 10-year Council Strategy 2016 - 2025.
Who we're looking for:
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A full driving licence
• Experience of relevant health and safety legislation
• Good communication, customer relations and problem solving skills.
• The ability to make decisions under pressure
• Knowledge and experience of waste transfer operations
• Ideally hold forklift truck and telehandler vehicle qualifications (training can be provided)
• Good IT skills
• Experience of supervision in a similar environment
• Relevant Health & Safety knowledge.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.