Salary:£39177-£41025 Grade 37
This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week.
For this role
You will be mostly office based at either Forde House, Newton Abbot, Follaton House, Totnes or Kilworthy Park, Tavistock. Some business travel will be required. It is essential that you possess a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
What you'll be doing
We have an opportunity for a confident procurement professional to manage and develop the joint corporate procurement functions of Teignbridge District Council, South Hams District Council and West Devon Borough Council.
You will provide professional advice, guidance and expertise regarding procurement including all stages of the procurement cycle, from risk, relationship to supplier management and UK legislation.
You will tender exercises for the Councils and advise others when undertaking their own tender exercises, including contract management activities in relation to corporate contracts and framework agreements.
You will also be responsible for procurement policies, strategies and procedures to include contract procedure rules.
Who we're looking for
Leadership, direction and support in relation to procurement for the Councils to ensure value for money is achieved whilst complying with statutory requirements and guidance, are essential requirements for this role.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a relevant professional qualification, preferably Corporate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- broad experience in procurement practices and procedures with proven buying ability, skills, knowledge and understanding (preferably in the public sector/local government)
- good knowledge of current developments and good practice in the area of public procurement
You will also be able to demonstrate you have:
- detailed knowledge of the regulatory framework and legislation relating to procurement and contracts, including EU and UK rules
- sound market knowledge of a broad spectrum of goods and services
- an ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels and have strong and effective stakeholder management skills
- self-reliance with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
Sunday 25 February 2018
Tuesday 13 March 2018