Salary:see job description
A permanent post, 37 hours a week.
£30,756 - £34,106 per annum Career Graded.
For this role:
You will be based at Teignbridge District Council – Forde House, Newton Abbot. It is essential that you have the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act.
What you'll be doing:
We have an exciting opportunity for a housing professional to join our busy, customer facing team in the Housing Department. You will be enforcing, maintaining and improving housing standards on behalf of Teignbridge District Council.
In this role you will be providing a diverse range of services including;
- Interpreting and enforcing housing legislation primarily in the private rented sector through both reactive and proactive work, including licensing Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs).
- Carrying out Health and Hazard Safety Rating System assessments and determining the most appropriate course of action. Preparing and serving notices as appropriate and preparing evidence for and attending the Residential Property Tribunal, court and public enquiries.
- Working with and advising other departments within Teignbridge District Council and partners on housing matters.
- Providing assistance through grants and loans to adapt or improve houses within the private sector, including drawing up technical specifications, schedules of work and assessing costs submitted.
- Supervising staff in the day to day operations in the delivery of housing enforcement and grants and loans.
Who we're looking for:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree in Environmental health or a degree in a relevant qualification with experience working in the housing field or a level 4 housing qualification with experience of working in the housing field.
- Relevant experience working within a housing/environmental health department within a local authority department or within the building or construction industry
Also be able to demonstrate you have:
- An understanding and ability to carry out Housing health and safety rating system assessments.
- Apply enforcement procedures and court attendance
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of building construction
- Specialist knowledge in housing legislation in particular housing enforcement legislation and grants and financial assistance legislation.
- An ability to listen, understand, assess and resolve problems.
- Supervisory experience of managing staff
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
Wednesday 18 September
Thursday 26 September