Salary:£30785-£32486 Grade 30
This is a fixed term contract for up to one year.
For this role
You will be mostly office based with some business travel to community groups and Town and Parish Councils across the District. Attendance at evening meetings is also a requirement of this role.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for guiding and supporting communities in Teignbridge to progress Neighbourhood Development Plans/Orders through all stages to adoption. In addition you will be responsible for co-ordinating delivery of the Community Right to Bid process.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for candidates with a recognised planning qualification, excellent project management and communication skills to join our friendly and enthusiastic Spatial Planning and Delivery team.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a degree or diploma in town planning or a related subject
- membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- excellent communication skills including clear and accurate document writing, interpersonal skills and experience presenting to a diverse range of people.
- broad knowledge of planning legislation, practice and policy with strong knowledge of neighbourhood planning and the Community Right to Bid legislation.
- self-motivation and organisational skills
- persuasion and diplomatic skills
- an ability to carry out research, solve complex problems, analyse data and progress projects
- a driving licence
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
Thursday 30 November 2017
Monday 11 December 2017