Salary:£32,233-£34,106 Grade 31
This is a full time permanent post, working 37 hours per week.
For this role:
You’ll be providing strong, effective management of a large operational workforce delivering the Council’s most visible services.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll be providing supervision and performance management of the Council’s refuse, recycling and street cleansing staff and operations.
You’ll ensure the services operate within current legislative requirements, particularly in relation to health and safety.
You’ll maintain and improve the quality and efficiency of services working collaboratively across service areas
This post links to the Clean Scene Teignbridge Ten super project as part of our ten year strategy 2016 - 2025.
Who we're looking for:
To be successful in this role you will have –
- HNC in Waste Management or Degree in engineering, environment, or business management or equivalent.
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and experience of application in an operational environment.
- Experience in a responsible position delivering an operational service and managing a large workforce.
- Excellent communication, customer relations and problem solving skills.
- The ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- High level ICT literacy
- Project management skills
- Full Driving License (Car)
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
31st March 2019
11th/12th April 2019