Salary:£31,371-£32,878 Grade 29
Permanent, full time.
For this role:
The successful applicant will be involved with strategic capital projects that help deliver some of the main projects in the Teignbridge Top Ten; including ‘Going to Town’ and ‘Investing in Prosperity’. You will be mostly office based at Forde House, Newton Abbot with some business travel expected to construction and development sites. The post may also involve some evening meetings.
What you'll be doing:
We have an opportunity for someone to join our busy Economy & Assets Project Team who develop and manage capital projects across the Council that align to Council Strategy and Plans.
In this role you will carry out technical work, prepare procurement and tender documentation, instruct and manage the involvement of external specialist consultants and contractors to ensure the effective delivery of projects.
To manage project budgets, programmes and allocated staff resources for each project.
To provide a range of reports in support of overall project delivery including; progress, deliverables, costs and risk, programme etc.
Who we're looking for:
- degree level qualification or HNC Level 4 in a relevant construction or engineering subject
- considerable experience of successful Project Management, specifically design and construction development projects.
- successful management and implementation of construction and development contracts
- experience of working as part of a team and on own initiative with minimum of supervision.
- experience of negotiating with developers and other external bodies regarding planning, highway and development to deliver positive outcomes
- experience of structural engineering and technical design is desirable.
To be successful in this role;
- skilled negotiator and able to influence partners and decisions, able to manage multiple relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- able to multi-task and to organise and priorities own allocated work load to deliver to targets and deadlines.
- strategic thinker able to connect projects to overall corporate goals and to consider inter-dependencies.
- able to produce professional reports, Project Initiation Documents, Project Plans and Business Cases to a high standard pitched to appropriately and produce cost estimation for construction schemes.
- able to problem solve.
- technical design and/or supervision of relevant engineering and building schemes.
- understand of various standard forms of building/construction contracts e.g. NEC and JCT and Health and Safety issues such as Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- post holder must hold a current driving license. There is no essential car allowance applicable to this post.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
Sunday 20 October
Week commencing 4 November 2019