Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

What happens if you don't pay your council tax?

Show all parts of this guide

9. Deductions from benefit

If you get Income Support (IS), Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA), Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Guarantee Pension Credit (GPC), we may be able to apply for deductions to be made direct from your benefit.

The current weekly deduction is £3.70