Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Council Tax discounts

Show all parts of this guide

2. Apply for single person discount

If you're the only person over the age of 18 years living in your main home, you are entitled to a 25% discount on your Council Tax.

Sometimes you can still claim a single person discount even if other people live with you. This happens when the other person or people who live in the household aren't counted.

You can also use this form to tell us if you no longer qualify, ie if your partner moves into the property with you.

Start the journey


More info about the journey

Names of the people living with you in your household