3. Apply for Working Age Council Tax Reduction
Our banded scheme is based on income and household type.
If you want to
- check your current reduction
- report a change
- or make a new application
Please read the summary information about the scheme before you apply.
To complete the form you will need the following information for yourself and your partner, as you are unable to save the form without submitting.
- name, date of birth and national insurance number
- address and post code
- details of earnings, including how much tax, national insurance and any pension contributions.
- details of non earned income and benefits (including component breakdowns)
- details of childcare costs
- details of all savings, investments, bank and building society accounts
- the capital limit remains at £6,000 this is a list of the capital we would disregard
You must provide proof of your National Insurance number for yourself and your partner (If applicable) This must be uploaded and submitted with your application, please follow the instructions. Alternatively you can post in proof of your National Insurance however this must be provided in order for any discount to be applied to your account.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
Please ensure you have read and understood the above and have the necessary information before starting your application.
Once you have submitted your application and provided proof of National Insurance number, you will receive an email confirmation and copy of your application back to the email address you have provided.
We will review your application and if we need any more information we will contact you via the details you have provided.
If we do not need any more information you will receive a revised Council Tax bill with any reduction that we have applied to your account.
If you unable to access the form please contact us 01626 361101. Monday - Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Fridays 8.30am to 4.30pm.