Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Council Tax reduction

Show all parts of this guide

8. How is Council Tax Reduction paid?

Council Tax Reduction is paid by reducing your Council Tax bill by the amount of support you are entitled to.

When we award Council Tax Support, we award it until the end of the financial year (April to March) and the amount awarded is shown on the Council Tax bill that we send to you.

You must tell us as soon as your circumstances change, you can use the Council Tax change of circumstances form to do this.

Once we have updated your details, your bill is adjusted and a new one is sent to you showing how much Council Tax is left to pay.