2. Working Age Council Tax Reduction
From 1 April 2020, Teignbridge has a new Council Tax Reduction Scheme for working age people.
The new scheme is designed to be more straightforward to use and simpler to administrate.
If you already receive Council Tax Reduction and you are of working age, your details will be transferred to the new working age income banded scheme and used to calculate your discount award.
Any discount you receive will be shown on your new year’s council tax bill, which you will receive in March.
The discounts available are shown in the table below.
View the table full size
When calculating your income we do not include -
- Child Benefit
- Personal Independence Payments
- Disability Living Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Support Component of Employment Support Allowance
- Child maintenance
- War disablement/widows pension
For a full list please see the full Council Tax Reduction Scheme
If you are working we do not include the first £25 per week of your net household earnings and we also make an allowance for childcare costs.
- Maximum support available remains at 100%
- Capital limit remains at £6,000
- Minimum income floor applies for self-employed claimants
If you/your partner are self employed the income we use to calculate your entitlement might be different from your accounting figures. This is because our council tax reduction schemes include a minimum income floor.