Rate This Page

Did you find this page useful?

Very Useful Quite Useful
Not at all

text size
- +


translate this site into different languages

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

If you are getting Housing Benefit or Universal Credit which includes the housing element but still cannot pay all of your rent you may be able to get extra help.

Discretionary Housing Payments are payments to help people with their rent.

We cannot help with some parts of your rent, for instance if meals, heating, lighting hot water or water charges are included.

How to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP)

To help us decide if we can give you extra help please answer the questions on this form pdf icon Discretionary Housing Payment Application [171kb] 

When the form is completed return it to the Benefit Service at Teignbridge District Council.