2. Report contaminated land
We are responsible for implementing Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, which is the legal regime used to identify and remediate contaminated land. We also:
- act as advisor to other council departments, including the planning department, about land contamination reports submitted with a planning application
- maintain records on sites of potential concern
- assess site investigations provided with development proposals to ensure they comply with UK policy
- oversee remediation schemes to ensure sites are suitable for use
If you have discovered polluted or contaminated land you can report it to us.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- your name, address and a contact telephone number
- location of the contaminated land
Once we have received the information we will investigate.