2. Our vision
We are committed to tackling climate change, reducing congestion and improving air quality. We will support local residents, businesses and visitors to our area who wish to use Electric Vehicles (EV) or other Ultra Low Emission Vehicles (ULEV) by the following actions;
- Requiring all future residential development proposals (with off street parking) to be “electric ready” to accommodate Electric Vehicle charging.
- To install four EV charging points in council car parks in/or close to the Council's local Air Quality Management Areas for Newton Abbot and Teignmouth.
- To submit an application for workplace grant aid to install Electric Vehicle charging points where there is off street parking designated for staff. At Forde House Council offices / Forde Road Vehicle Fleet Depot & Offices/Leisure Centres
- To review our vehicle fleet contract in 2021, to replace parts of the fleet with lower emission vehicles unless it is completely unfeasible.
- Unless it is completely unfeasible to provide EV charging points for public use in Council carparks to augment and link-in with the wider regional charging network, especially in the more remote yet popular locations and destinations.
- Within the taxi licencing process we will develop a replacement policy that progressively lowers emission limit requirements for fossil fuelled cars and eventual replacement with Ultra Low Emission Vehicles.