1. Anti-social behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014
Teignbridge District Council ("The Council") in exercise of its powers under Section 60 & Section 61 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 (The Act) and all other enabling powers, being satisfied that the conditions set out in Section 61 have been met, hereby make the following Order extending the Order dated 1st April 2019 and the extended Order as laid out below shall be in place from 1st April 2022 for a period of three years.
Teignbridge District Council ("the Council"), in exercise of its power under Section 59(1), being satisfied that the conditions set out in Section 59 of the Act have met namely:
The first condition:
- Activities carried on in a public place within the authority's area have had a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality; or
- It is likely that activities will be carried on in a public place within the authority's area and that they will have a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality.
The second condition:
The effect or likely effect, of the activities
- is, or is likely to be, of a persistent or continuing nature,
- is or is likely to be, such as to make the activities unreasonable, and
- justifies the restrictions imposed by this Order.
Hereby make the following Order:
- The Order may be cited as the Teignbridge District Council (Dog Control) Public Spaces Protection Order Number 1 of 2019 and came into force on 1st April 2019 for duration of 3 years.
- The Order applies to the whole of the administrative area of the Council (the restricted area) that is open to the air and to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access (with or without payment).
- The effect of this order is to impose the following prohibitions and for requirements in the public places described in the Order including those areas named in the schedules to this Order.