1. Report dog mess
Discovering dog fouling is unpleasant and can be a health hazard.
We have introduced a new Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) aimed at reducing irresponsible dog ownership and making Teignbridge an even cleaner and greener place.
You can be fined if your dog is out of control in public or you do not pick up after it.
If you ignore a PSPO you can be fined:
- £100 on the spot (a fixed penalty notice)
- up to £1,000 if it goes to court
You can report it to us and our dog warden will investigate all complaints of dog fouling, patrol problem areas and prosecute offenders.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
When reporting breaches of the PSPO, any of the following information will be helpful:
• The time/date/location of incident
• The frequency of the offence if it happens regularly
• A description/breed of the dog
• Any other descriptions to help identify the offender, including their name and address if known
Our Cleansing Services team will clear the mess and our dog warden will investigate.