2. Report a breach
If you ignore a PSPO you can be fined £100 on the spot (a fixed penalty notice) or up to £1,000 if it goes to court.
If you witness any of the following which breach the PSPO:
- dog/s within a signed dog exclusion area
- dog/s on a beach with a seasonal dog exclusion area.
- dog/s not kept on a lead within a signed dogs on lead area
- dog/s not on a lead, of no more than 2 metres in length, when adjacent to the public highway or on a footpath or cycle path
- more than 6 dogs being walked by one person
- a person in charge of a dog/s without appropriate means to pick up dog mess
You can tell us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When reporting breaches of the PSPO, any of the following information will be helpful:
- the time/date/location of incident
- the frequency of the offence if it happens regularly
- a description/breed of the dog
- any other descriptions to help identify the offender, including their name and address if known
- your name and address and contact details are essential for us to take action