Flytipping is the illegal deposit of any waste onto land, eg. waste dumped or tipped in a place with no licence to accept it. This can be both on public or private land.
Do not search the fly tip yourself as it may contain items which may be hazardous and it may also contaminate any evidence contained within the fly tip.
The fixed penalty for flytipping is £400.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
When reporting flytipping, any of the following information you can supply would be helpful:
- a description of the person flytipping
- the date and time the flytipping was seen, including the time the offence started and finished
- details of where you were at the time
- details of any other witnesses with you
- a description (make, colour, markings) and registration number of any vehicle involved
Where the team discover evidence which leads to an individual, an investigation will be initiated with a view to taking formal action. This may be the serving of a fixed penalty notice or prosecuting those responsible.