Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Advice for food business operators

Show all parts of this guide

3. Operating a mobile food business


Mobile food business (including market stalls, delivery vehicles and mobile food vehicles) must register with the local council in the area where the vehicle is stored overnight.

You are required to register your food business at least 28 days before trading.

Where you can trade

If you wish to trade on private land, you will need the land owner's permission.

You should contact Devon County Council Highways if you intend to trade on the public highway.

There are restrictions to which streets you are permitted to trade within Teignbridge. See Street Trading for details.

Advice for event organisers

See Organising an event for the relevant forms and information to help you plan your event.