Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Report a workplace accident


(Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) 2013

Duty of the employer or person in control of a premises

As an employer or person in control of a premises, you have a duty to report certain incidents involving employees or other persons, including members of the public, which has arisen from a work activity.

The following events must be reported:

  • fatalities
  • major injuries
  • injuries which result in absence from work for over seven days
  • where a member of the public is taken directly to hospital
  • dangerous occurrences
  • occupation diseases
  • exposure to biological agents
  • gas incidents

Report a workplace incident under RIDDOR

All incidents can be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) using the online forms.


When this content has been updated

Last updated 19 May 2021