What to do after someone dies
Tell Us Once allows bereaved residents to inform many government and local authority services about a death with just one communication.
The service was introduced to reduce the distress caused by repeatedly reporting the loss of a loved one.
Services notified through Tell Us Once include:
- HM Revenues & Customers, to update benefits, credits or personal tax records
- HM Passport Office, to cancel a British passport
- The DVLA, to cancel a driving licence and update the keeper of vehicle information
- The local councils, to update records relating to housing benefit, council tax and the electoral register
- Veterans UK to cancel War Pension Scheme and Armed Forces Compensation Payment Scheme payments
How to register a death
To make an appointment to register a death please visit Devon Registration Service