1. Already homeless
If you are already homeless we will assess if there is a duty to provide you with temporary accommodation. This assessment will consider if you are eligible for assistance, homeless and in priority need. If we have reason to believe you are, then we will make an offer of temporary accommodation. This may be a Bed and Breakfast placement and on some occasions this may be out of the Teignbridge District area.
If you have not already been given a Personalised Housing Plan under the Prevention Duty, you will have an assessment and be given one under the Relief Duty.
Both you and your allocated Housing Officer will have specific agreed actions that need to be completed. If you do not reasonably cooperate with these actions, the relief duty may be ended.
If you are not considered to be in priority need, although we may not be able to offer you temporary accommodation, we will continue to work with you for 56 days to try and secure you accommodation.
This support may include
- a referral to supported accommodation and/or floating support
- help to find and secure a private rented tenancy (this may be in a shared house if you are not in employment and under the age of 35)
- help towards the costs of a private rented tenancy
- money and Debt Advice
- support to return to your previous address through mediation
- a referral to the Tenancy Passport Scheme to help to give you the skills to manage a tenancy