Devon County Council has been awarded funding by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) for the Household Support Fund. We are working with Citizens Advice Teignbridge to provide additional support to our residents. The scheme runs until 31 March 2022.
The fund is designed to help households toward the costs of:
- food or other essential items such as clothing, cleaning products and laundry costs
- help with bills including Gas, Electric or Water or other forms of energy payments including oil and gas cylinders
- help with clothing, bedding or sanitary items
- assistance with essential household items such as fridges, freezers or cookers
- other household bills including essential monthly expenses that cannot be deferred such as internet and phone bills and essential transport costs
In cases of genuine emergency and where no other schemes meet this need, the Fund may be used to support with housing costs subject to specific criteria detailed in Household Support Fund Devon Policy.
Financial support towards mortgage costs are not available under this scheme. If you are experiencing difficulty paying your mortgage please contact your mortgage provider or your local Citizens Advice team for further assistance.
Who can apply for funding
- you must be over 16 years of age
- live in Teignbridge (as your main residence)
- be without sufficient finances to meet your immediate short-term needs
- you don't have to be on benefits to apply
- you can apply for this scheme, regardless of any previous funding applications
We have not set a restriction on this scheme in order to assess each application on its merits. However we have a limited amount of funding and once this has been spent, the scheme will close.
The scheme is aimed at providing a one off payment. In exceptional circumstances repeat application will be considered. Cash is not paid direct to applicants.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
We will only ask for necessary evidence to assess a claim but this will depend on the amount requested, the type of support you are requesting and your income.
If you have asked for a water bill to be paid, we will need a copy of the bill in order to make a payment.
We are working in partnership with Citizens Advice Teignbridge to support residents with this fund. Claims for support that include housing costs, or from applicants stating they are homeless, or threatened with homelessness will be processed by us, all other applications are being assessed by Citizens Advice Teignbridge.
In some cases depending on amount of funding required, a combination of support requested or an application on exceptional circumstances, may be jointly involved in the claim.
Failure by the applicant to disclose a material fact or to make a false application will be treated as a fraudulent application. Where fraud has been detected the applicant will be refused any further assistance and where appropriate, we may prosecute the applicant.