Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Care leavers

Show all parts of this guide

6. Social housing

Social housing is housing provided by a council or housing association. Your Personal Advisor (PA) will support you in making an application through Devon Home Choice

You must be ready to live independently and it is likely any housing association or local council will want to see evidence that you are able to before offering you a tenancy. This may be confirmation from a supported accommodation provider that you have successfully managed your tenancy with them and you are ready for move or through a Tenancy Passport scheme. Tenancy Passport Schemes provide short courses on how to manage a tenancy, budget your money and understanding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. To complete a Tenancy Passport scheme or to get further information on courses running in your area please contact your local housing options team.

You will need to log on each week to place bids on properties you would like to be considered for. You can bid on any area within the Devon partnership.