1. Loan and grant conditions
If you are a home owner you may be eligible for a loan, or a grant if a loan is not appropriate. The maximum loan you can get is £20,000 and is available through our partner, Wessex Resolutions.
Funding is limited, so help is targeted at those most in need. Priority will be given to people who are:
- 70 years, or older
- receiving a means tested, or disability benefit
- living with a child aged 6 years, or younger
You will also need to meet all of the following:
- the property is within council tax bands A to D
- the household disposable income is below £125 per week
- you have lived in the property for over a year, except first time buyers
- the property is over 10 years old, except park homes
If the work is urgent and small scale, you maybe able to apply for minor works grant.