Help with home repairs

Show all parts of this guide

3. Minor works grant

A minor works grant can help vulnerable home owners deal with an emergency, or urgent repair that affects their health, or safety in the home.

You can apply for a grant of up to £2,000, but you must be in receipt of a qualifying benefit. The works cannot be covered by household insurance, or another grant.

Help is limited to a total of £4,000 in any five year period.