The South West Exeter development in Exminster is delivering over 400 new homes for rent and shared ownership over the coming 5 years. A range of 1,2,3 and 4 bedroom homes will be available. Homes to rent will be advertised on Devon Home Choice usually around 8 weeks before they are due for completion.
The first homes are expected to be advertised on Devon Home Choice in early 2022 and will be 2 and 3 bedroom homes.
How to apply
You can register or update your application with Devon Home Choice. To be considered for these rented homes you will need to be;
- in housing need as defined by the Devon Home Choice (awarded band A-D)
- have an active Devon Home Choice application
- and to be able to register a bid when these homes are advertised
For further information on shared ownership on this development please visit Livewest.
Preference for allocation of these new homes will be given to applicants who have a local connection to the parish of Exminster in the first instance, then to parishes of Shillingford St George, Kenn and Powderham and then cascade to the remainder of Teignbridge.
Local connection is defined as:
- Having lived continuously in the parish for 5 years or more
- Permanent employment in the parish (16 hours or more) immediately prior to advertising
- Immediate family reside currently in the parish and has done so for 5 years or more (this is usually considered to be mother, father, brother, sister or adult child)
- Special circumstances can be considered for parish connection. These will be assessed on a case by case basis by the housing provider and Teignbridge District Council.
If you are already registered but have not indicated on your application that you believe you have a parish connection through family, employment or any other special circumstances to Exminster, Shillingford St George, Kenn or Powderham, please update your Devon Home Choice application with this information. You may be asked to provide evidence of this local connection if shortlisted for a property.
Facilities at Exminster
A new school is planned for 2023 to meet the need for school places from the development and the wider area. The school will have a nursery for pre-school age children, as well as a primary and secondary within the one school. It is planned that there will be three classes for each primary year group and five classes for each secondary year group. It is expected that the school will offer 1,380 places.
The school was approved as part of the Free School Competition Programme, run by central government, which allows school providers to apply to run new schools. Through this process the school will be run by Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust and delivered by Department for Education (DfE) and Devon County Council.
Devon County Council can provide advice and information on available local school placements to the development.
Other facilities also being developed include, GP surgery, dentist, recreational park, shops and community building to include sports facilities and library.