Adapting your home

If you, or someone who lives with you, is disabled, you may be able to get help to make life easier and safer. There is a range of solutions to help you. 

By answering a few questions about your current situation, you can find out about equipment, services and support to help you live independently. Don’t worry, you will not be asked your name, or address and none of the information you give will be kept.

Self-help tool to find local services and support

Disabled facilities grants

You could get a grant from us to make changes to your home. Visit Disabled facilities grants: GOV.UK to see if you are eligible.

If you'd like to apply, you will need to speak to Care Direct (Devon County Council) about having a social care needs assessment.  They will need to visit your home.

Call: 0345 1551 007

Care Direct - Help to stay living at home

Weekdays: 8am to 8pm. Saturdays 9am to 1pm.


When this content has been updated

Last updated 8 February 2018