Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Waste and recycling collections

We are currently experiencing delays on a number of refuse, recycling and garden waste rounds. If the whole street has been missed we will be aware and will return as soon as possible. Please leave the bins/containers out for collection.

Problems with damp and mould

If you have a damp problem speak to your landlord about your concerns. If you own your property you may need to contact a damp specialist.

You can find more detail on our Home safety and repairs page.


Condensation is the most common kind of damp. It is caused by the water in warm air collecting as droplets on colder surfaces, much like when you get a cold drink can from the fridge.

You may notice water droplets on windows, or walls, which over time can lead to the appearance of dark mould and an unpleasant smell. It is more likely to happen in rooms with a lot of air moisture, such as kitchens and bathrooms.

How to deal with damp, condensation and mould; CSE


When this content has been updated

Last updated 22 December 2020