8. Homeless application review
There are some situations where you may be able to request a review of the decision we have made.
- any decision made by the council on the facts of a homeless application
- a decision regarding eligibility for housing
- on the council’s decision on a homeless application, including a decision to discharge duty after an offer of housing has been refused
- on the council’s decision to end their duty due to non co-operation
- on the council’s decision to end the prevention or relief duty
- a decision that an offer we have made is reasonable
Requests for review must be made within 21 days of the date of the decision letter date.
If you have made a homeless application you will receive a decision letter. If you disagree with the decision made, you can ask for that decision to be reviewed by a Senior Officer who was not involved in the original decision making process. This is called a s202 Review.